3.12.10

The 1 Train....

With a Bell, “stand clear of the closing doors,” plays like a familiar song in the background of my mind. The cautious winds brush past my lips like a chill of an old secret, and I stand on familiar ground. Balancing my mind to my feet, this ride is like all the rest. Nothing new to phase my sense of urgency. Rushing just to rush. The cold melts from the knots in my back leaving tender bones. Is it possible to be so comfortable somewhere so unfamiliar, so familiar. “Please watch the space between the gap.” Joni Mitchell sings “I wish there was a river I could skate away on...” and I am skating with her, through underground tunnels, illuminating the darkness with her voice. Skating through my city faster then the speed of sound. Two stops. All of us breathing as one. Drifting as one. The most refined beauty, without even knowing its there.

No comments:

Post a Comment